MedMatrix CO2 Fractional Laser
- Reduce wrinkles
- Reducing fine lines
- Reducing furrows
- Improve skin texture
- Reduce pigmented lesions (age/sun spots)
- Reduce sun-induced redness
- Skin resurfacing
- Reducing discoloration and uneven pigmentation
- Improving melasma (mask of pregnancy)
- Improving acne, acne scars
- Improving surgical scars
- Reduce Stretch Marks
The MedMatrix CO2 Fractional Laser employs advanced technology to rejuvenate the skin. It utilizes a CO2 laser beam that is fractionated into numerous tiny shafts of light. These shafts penetrate the deeper layers of the skin, prompting the body to repair them. This process involves pushing out old, damaged skin and replacing it with fresh, new skin. Additionally, the controlled heat generated during the treatment aids in collagen shrinkage, further enhancing the skin’s appearance.
Why Choose MedMatrix
MedMatrix stands out due to its TGA registered medical grade equipment and its versatile laser modes:
Superpulse Mode (SP)
- High peak power
- Low average power
- Deep penetration
- Minimal heat damage area
Continuous Mode (CW)
- Low peak power
- High average power
- Penetrate shallow
- Large heat damage area
WHAT ARE THE RISKS AND SIDE EFFECTS WITH CO2 FRACTIONAL LASER?
Following the CO2 Fractional Laser treatment, it is normal to experience redness, swelling, or a sensation akin to a sunburn. These are indicative of the body’s natural healing process, which is instrumental in building new, revitalized skin.CO2 FRACTIONAL LASER RECOVERY PERIOD
The duration of recovery depends on the intensity of the treatment. Lighter treatments may allow for a return to routine activities within 2-3 days, while more aggressive treatments could require up to a week of downtime. Sun protection is crucial post-treatment, involving the use of SPF 30 or higher sunscreen, avoiding direct sun exposure, and donning a wide-brimmed hat when outdoors.HOW MANY CO2 FRACTIONAL LASER TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
The number of CO2 Laser Resurfacing sessions needed varies based on individual skin type and aesthetic objectives. Some may achieve their desired results with just one treatment, while others may require 3 to 6 sessions for optimal outcomes.
PREPARATION BEFORE TREATMENT
Before undergoing treatment, a comprehensive consultation with a professional consultant is provided. This session is designed to tailor a customized skincare plan targeting specific skin concerns and types. Here are some basic preparatory steps:
- Avoid self-tanners and excessive sun exposure for 2-4 weeks prior.
- Discontinue certain medications (minocycline, tetracycline, doxycycline, Retin-A/Renova) several days before treatment.
- Refrain from aspirin, ibuprofen, or Aleve one week before treatment to minimize bruising.
- Use sunscreen daily, wear hats and sunglasses for added sun protection.
Recovery period depends on the aggressiveness of the treatment; the redness will gradually subside over the next 2 – 5 days. In some cases it lasts up to 4 weeks. Until the redness has resolved, avoid all of the following:
- The use of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) or Vitamin A products
- Swimming pools and spas with multiple chemicals/chlorine Activities that cause excessive perspiration
It is very important that you follow the advice carefully after treatment to help make the procedure as successful as possible and to reduce the risk of complications.
Adhering to post-treatment instructions is crucial for a successful outcome:
- Use tepid or cold water for cleansing the face in the first 48 hours and drying the area gently without rubbing.
- Keep hands clean when touching the treated area to prevent infections.
- Avoid conventional makeup for 7 days after treatment.
- Refrain from picking, scratching, or rubbing the treated skin.
- Follow the prescribed skincare regimen.
- Always use sunscreen. Do not exposing the area treated to the sun without a sunscreen to reduce the risk of disturbing pigmentation in that area. A high factor sun block should be used daily to protect the skin.
CONSULTATION AND REPEAT TREATMENT
Visible results in skin regeneration may take 4-8 weeks to appear, with continued enhancement over subsequent months. While a single treatment yields noticeable effects, a series of 2-10 sessions spaced 1-3 months apart is often recommended, in conjunction with an at-home regimen. The exact number of sessions required depends on the area treated and the individual’s response. A complimentary consultation is offered to assess and provide tailored recommendations. Both single treatment and package options are available for cost-effectiveness.