Waxing removes the hairs from the follicle and when done regularly can last anything from 2-8 weeks depending on your regrowth rate. Waxing is a great treatment to have done before going on holiday or special occasion like a wedding.
People often complain that hairs come through quickly after having waxing and this is because there are new hairs under the surface of the skin, this can easily be prevented with regular waxing treatments and be advise to exfoliate their skin before having waxing. Also, avoiding sun beds after having waxing done should be considered as well.
All of our services include a personalized consultation to discover your needs, preferences and style in order to give you the best service and results.WARM WAX – LARGE AREA
- Suitable for waxing full leg / half leg / arms / back /chest/ stomach
- Great for waxing large areas as it can be done very quickly
- Suitable for waxing underarm / top lip / eyebrow / bikini line/ brazillian
- It works well on waxing small patches of strong coarse hair
- It does not leave a sticky residue
- It’s good for removing shorter hairs
The first treatment can often be painful, particularly if you have been shaving. This is because shaving has enlarged the bulb at the base of the hair shaft. Remember that the hair grows, rest, and then grows again, so it takes about 12 weeks for shaven hair to be replaced with natural hair therefore it takes two or three waxes before you “settle in” to natural hair growth. After this time you will experience only minimal discomfort from waxing.
For facial waxing, if the skin is still having redness after leaving the clinic, wrap an ice-cube in a wet handkerchief and apply it to the waxed areas. This could help to reduce the redness of the skin. After your first lip wax you may develop some whiteheads in the waxed area, keep the area clean, this seldom reoccurs with subsequent waxing.
Spotting of the skin indicates that the hairs have been removed from the follicle this is quite normal after waxing. These red spots may stay on the skin for a short period of time but will soon fade away.WHAT ARE THE RISKS AND SIDE EFFECTS WITH WAXING?
Some soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if your hair are coarse. These symptoms should subside over the next 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.AFTERCARE FOR WAXING
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours. This means :
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tans).
- Avoid scratching or touching the waxed area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the waxed area or only recommended products to apply.
- To soothe and protect the skin, apply an antiseptic cream and moisturize to the waxed area regularly for 3 days following your waxing treatment. Always wash your hands before applying any product.
Starting a few days after your waxing appointment, gently scrub the skin 2/3 times a week in the bath or shower. Also moisturize the area every day, which will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to grow through normally. You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results. Hair needs to be at least ½ cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing; please do not shave between your appointments. To maintain your smooth appearance, we are recommended regular waxing every 4-6 weeks.